Welcome to the PMEP DLC
Distance Learning Center
A partnership between PMEP and the NYS IPM Program
States Accepting DLC credits:
New York, Vermont, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, West Virginia
Cornell Holiday Break
December 22 till January 5, 2015
All courses are available during this break.
We will respond to questions and address any problems when we return. Thank you for your cooperation.
This site is the home to on-line pesticide applicator courses produced by Cornell Cooperative Extension. These are accepted in New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, West Vrginia and most of New England.
A partnership between PMEP and the NYS IPM program is an essential element in creating the courses. The creation of this site was made possible through grants from the US-EPA Pesticide Stewardship program and the USDA Smith Lever funds.
For a detailed list of credits and certification categories as approved by each state, click on your state below.
Note: Maine, New Hampshire,Vermont, and Connecticut award credits the same as New York
Note: Each student registering for an online course must have their own unique email account. Shared emails will cause a loss of course records within the system.
Select Core or Category course:
Click the link at the top of each column to access the courses in that category, or use the links in the left hand margin.
Insect and Disease
- Module 4: Toxicity of Pesticides
- Module 6: Ecology and Environment
- Module 7: Safety Precautions with Pesticides
- Module 8: Personal Protection
- Module 20: Weatherwise application
- Module 21: Pesticide Disposal
- Module 22: Pesticide Storage
- Protecting Water from Pesticide Pollution
- Swede Midge Biology and Management
- Insect Biocontrol
- Beating Phytophthora Blight
- Detection and Management of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- Detection and Management of the Emerald Ash Borer
- Bed Bugs Part 1 - Introduction to Bed Bugs
- Bed Bugs Part 2 - Inspection
- Bed Bugs Part 3 - Integrated Management
- Asian Soybean Aphid Integrated Pest Management on Soybeans
- Ecology of Weed Management
- Mechanical Weed Management
- Weed Suppressive Groundcovers
- Current Status of Herbicide Resistance in Weeds
- How Herbicides Work
- What is Herbicide Resistance?
- Scouting After a Herbicide Application & Confirming Herbicide
- Principles of Managing Herbicide Resistance
- Sweet Corn IPM
- Scouting Basics-Hows & Whys
- Intoduction to Developing IPM Strategies
- Introduction to NEWA & It's Use In IPM
- Nozzle Selection and Calibration for Vineyard Canopy Sprayers
- Nozzle Selection and Calibration for Orchard Canopy Sprayers
- Effective Spraying with Backpack sprayers
- Effective Spraying with Boom Sprayers
Core courses are based on the core applicator curriculum found in the Core manual. Credits from these can be used by all certified applicators for their recertification.
Category courses contain information for specific certification categories such as Private vegetable farmers or Commercial Ag and Plant applicators. You need to be sure your certification category is included in the list of approved categories for these courses.
These courses adhere to New York State regulations (6 NYCRR 325.18) and have been approved by the Department of Environmental Conservation. Therefore, when you take an on-line recertification course, you must follow the same rules (described below) as you would when you attend live recertification training.
- We will check the amount of time spent before sending your official certificate. If you complete the course in under the required time, you forfeit your purchase and will not receive credits.
- The applicator earning credits must be the one taking and completing the course. Anyone using a substitute course taker is committing fraud and will forfeit their course fee and will not receive credits.
- A particular course may not be repeated in a recertification cycle. There are no limits on the number of different courses you can select. Maximum hours of training is 7 per day.
|Bed Bugs Part 3 Integrated Management||$25.00||More Info|
|Asian Soybean Aphid Integrated Pest Management on Soybeans||$25.00||More Info|